Sunday, November 11, 2007

Look out!

Whew! Now that was a close call. The last time I made my way down Highway 1 the culprit was a doe who'd followed her partner out into the middle of the roadway. Luckily that evening I managed to squeeze my car between the pair of them, the doe coming away with nothing more than a bloody nose after grazing my side mirror and passing unharmed to the other side.

Last night: a slightly different story...an adult human male this time, wandering drunkenly down the middle of the south bound lanes near Duncan. Once again, I swerved at the very last moment to avoid a horrendous collision. Pulled over, dialed 911 on my cell and learned that at least one other driver had had a similar close call and that police had already been dispatched. I continue to marvel at my fellow travellers.

Other than that it was a wonderful evening as the Quartet played for a near full house at the Dancing Bean Cafe in Chemainus. Rosie played a fine mandolini, Nancy's solo on the chimes was a marvel...and Kelly? Well, what can you say about someone who plays flawless bass on a song he'd heard only once before? Thank you, Kelly. Thank you guys. Now, if only I could remember all the words to my songs. I shall do better, I promise.

3 comments:

mikiemike said...

Playing music with other musicians and having an audience come along for the ride enjoying the blend of talent and creative energy, is one of the most precious experiences for a musician. Good for you Dave - and stay the course with your music!

David Godkin said...

I couldn't agree more, Mike. Thanks for the support.

David Godkin said...

I couldn't agree more, Mike. Thanks for the support.